Template:RealmTemplate:Quote The Enchanted Forest, also known as Misthaven, is a Fairy Tale Land realm featured on ABC's Once Upon a Time and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. It first appears in the first episode of the first season of Once Upon a Time.
For detailed location information, please see the Enchanted Forest Locations category or the list of minor Enchanted Forest locations.
The Enchanted Forest is divided into kingdoms, much as the Land Without Magic is currently divided into countries. Known kingdoms of the Enchanted Forest are:
- Snow White and Prince Charming's kingdom (formerly ruled by King George)
- The Evil Queen's kingdom (previously ruled by King Leopold and Queen Eva and now belongs to Snow White and Prince Charming)
- The King's kingdom (Prince Thomas' and Cinderella's home kingdom)
- Maurice's kingdom (Belle's home kingdom)
- Aurora and Prince Phillip's kingdom (previously ruled by King Stefan and Queen Briar Rose)
- King Xavier's kingdom (Prince Henry's and Cora's home kingdom)
- The King's kingdom (ruled by an unnamed king, Liam and Killian Jones served in his navy)
- Maritime kingdom (Prince Eric's home kingdom)
- Rapunzel's kingdom (ruled by her parents)
- Northern Kingdom (Princess Eva's home kingdom)
- King Midas' kingdom (Abigail's home kingdom)
Additionally, there are some other locations:
- Avonlea (a location close to Maurice's castle)
- The Dark Castle and its surrounding mountains (home to Rumplestiltskin)
- The Forbidden Fortress and the surrounding Forbidden Mountains (home to Maleficent)
- The Frontlands (Ruled by duke. A region or kingdom where Rumplestiltskin, Milah and Baelfire lived, or lived close to.)
- Longbourn (a port town)
- Pleasure Island
- Bolded Names are canon location names. Such names have been given in-show by characters themselves.
- The name that appears first within a couple denotes who inherited the kingdom
- "Formerly ruled by" denotes that the previous ruler was either overthrown or removed from power by force. "Previously ruled by" denotes that the current ruler inherited the kingdom.
^: Current inhabitants
*: This inhabitant's status and/or current whereabouts is unknown
†: Deceased inhabitants
No mark: Taken to Storybrooke via either the first or second Dark Curse
º: In Storybrooke via other means
F:Former inhabitants Template:Clear
- There are birds and animals in the Enchanted Forest, that can communicate with humans and understand human speech. Template:Ep
- The currency in the Enchanted Forest includes coppers, silvers, gold, shillings, pennies and doubloons. ("Hat Trick", "Think Lovely Thoughts", "White Out", "Poor Unfortunate Soul", "Heart of Gold", "The Dark Swan", "Heartless")
- "Execution" exists in the Enchanted Forest, as when it was found out that the Genie of Agrabah killed King Leopold, Regina, the Queen, told the Genie that he would be executed. This is further confirmed when The Evil Queen was almost executed by Snow White and Prince Charming but the execution was stopped in the last minute. Template:Ep
- There are several ways to execute someone, as in Prince Charming's case, he was almost executed by guillotine by King George, but for the Evil Queen, several soldiers shot their arrows to a blindfolded Regina. Template:Ep
- Execution seems to be used for the people who commit major crimes, like for killing a king or terrorizing people for far too long. Template:Ep
- Christianity seems to be present in the Enchanted Forest, as a cross can be seen on a shield dropped by a fallen soldier outside the dragon's cave, on Daniel's grave, and on the cover of a book in Maurice castle. Churches are also known to exist there. Template:Ep
- The Enchanted Forest does not appear for the first time in the twelfth episode of the second season.
- In "The Queen Is Dead", Mary Margaret celebrates her birthday, indicating that the inhabitants use the Gregorian calendar. This is confirmed in the novel Red's Untold Tale, where the Gregorian calendar is used to organize days. It is further confirmed on-screen in "Our Decay", where it is revealed that Zelena was born on April 15.
- There is education and schools in the Enchanted Forest, as Red Riding Hood went to school. Template:Ep
- The exact size and scope of the Enchanted Forest is not known.
- According to a map, there are rivers named the Kitsis river and Tigelaar River, which are named after the writers Edward Kitsis and Liz Tigelaar respectively. Template:Ep
- The Enchanted Forest is across the desert from Agrabah, across the sea from Arendelle and a few days ride away from Camelot. Template:Ep3
- On of Merlin's books refers to the Enchanted Forest as a riding. Ridings are also used as a geographical designation within the Enchanted Forest itself. David's board in "Murder Most Foul", which maps a series of taverns located in the Enchanted Forest, mentions a location known as the East Riding. Template:Ep
- Liam's navigation map mentions the locations The Spit, Miraud Is. and Kei Is. One area is described as "A mighty swell when the Wind is at N.W." Template:Ep
Template:Appearances1Template:Appearances2 Template:Appearances3 Template:Appearances4 Template:Appearances5 Template:Appearances6 Template:AppearancesW Template:AppearancesC Template:AppearancesN Template:AppearancesS Template:AppearancesOther Note: "Archive" denotes archive footage.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found